LiveVenues Limited (we, us, our) complies with applicable privacy laws (including, the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 if you are in New Zealand, and the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) if you are in Australia) (Privacy Laws), when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
We collect the following general types of information (in addition to other information), some of which are, or may contain, personal information about you:
- name, phone number, email address and other details related to your account or purchases via the Website
- photos, films, and other marketing material, of or about Venues and Events (Venue Footage)
- feedback on Venues and Events
WHO DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM
We collect information from:
- you, when you provide that information to us, including through any account set-up process, ticket purchase process, and through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email)
- Venues, when we take, or the Venue provides us with, Venue Footage
- other Users of the Website in connection with their use of LiveVenues (e.g. when Users provide us with feedback about an Event you have held)
- other third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
We will take reasonable steps to disguise faces that are visible in any Venue Footage (e.g. by blurring those faces) before posting that Venue Footage on the Website. If you have any concerns about any Content on the Website, contact us by email at email@example.com.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to undertake credit checks of you
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to provide the Website and LiveVenues to you (including to send you tickets to Events that you have purchased via the Website)
- to monitor, maintain and improve the Website and LiveVenues
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to send you marketing information in accordance with our marketing practices set out below in the section headed Marketing
- to respond to communications from you, or enter into communications with you in relation to your use of LiveVenues or the Website
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- to investigate any complaint made by or about you
- to cooperate with any law enforcement agency or regulatory authority, for the purposes of that agency or authority
- to take any other steps reasonable for the purpose of maintaining the safety or security of any person, or the safety, security or legal compliance of the Website or LiveVenues
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to:
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- other Users where you have uploaded information to those areas of the Website which are accessible by other Users (e.g. where you, as Venue, have listed an Event, and provided your contact details)
- another company within our group
- any third party that supports our services, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the Website
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by applicable Privacy Law or other laws (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- a third party in relation to the proposed purchase or acquisition of our business or assets.
Any personal information you provide to us may be stored on the servers of third parties who support our services, which may be located outside your location. This may involve the transfer of your personal information to countries with less legal protection for personal information than your location.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out at law, you may access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and request a correction to your personal information. If you exercise this right, we may require evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
If we think a requested correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
To the extent we are permitted to do so at law, we may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you post your personal information on the areas of the Website that are viewable by other Users, you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
Where you have opted via the Website to receive our regular updates, we will use your contact information to let you know about Venues, Events, specials, package deals, and related information, which we think you may be interested in, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by email for this purpose). You may unsubscribe from our mailing list for these updates by using the unsubscribe facility in the message.